Every half-day of absence from school must be recorded by staff as either authorised or unauthorised. This is why information about the cause of each absence is always required.
There are two ways you can report your child’s absence:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 02083603158 press 5
Authorised absences are mornings or afternoons away from school for a reason such as genuine illness or other unavoidable causes, or when permission has been given. Only the school can authorise an absence.
Unauthorised absences are those which the staff at school do not consider reasonable and for which no permission has been given. These are an offence by the parent/carer and include:
- holidays and birthdays
- shopping trips and outings
- looking after brothers and sisters
- waiting for deliveries
- visiting relatives and friends
- lack of uniform
- translating for non-English speaking parents
- absences which have never been properly explained
- children who arrive at school too late to get a mark (30 minutes after registers close)
At Edmonton County School, we do not authorise term-time holidays.
Our term dates can be found here